Rock Me Like A Hurricane

I'm writing this on the morning of Hurricane Florence landfall in Carolinas.

I hope everyone will be ok.

A few years ago I got to see a hurricane form in the ocean. We were on a cruise ship. When Sandy formed in the Caribbean.

It wasn't anything special at the time. Just some clouds. And we had to miss our stop in Jamaica.

But we did sail through the south side of Sandy on the way back to Ft. Lauderdale. Since the hurricane would miss Florida. Thus we were able to return to port ok.

We were on the Allure of the Seas. At the time the largest cruise ship in the world. Every other ship except it's sister the Oasis could fit within the ship.

So I sat and enjoyed the ride. And realized how small we were in the view of things. As this big ship still rocked a bit. And creaked.

And outside my balcony on the 12th story, waves were crashing over the side.

Which is why I didn't go outside - even though I wanted to see it.

Thankfully I'm dry and on solid land watching the news today.

Don't forget:





source https://brickbossjournal.postach.io/post/rock-me-like-a-hurricane